Leadership, Innovation, and Continuous Improvement
Carolina Fabricators Inc. (CFI) commitment to our customers is to be the "Best in Class" provider of advanced, time critical Fabrication and Machining solutions for the global marketplace.
CFI has developed a Quality Assurance Program committed to satisfying the requirements of ASME NQA-1, 2008 Edition, Part I, as amended by ASME NQA-1-2009a, including the applicable more stringent requirements of previous editions; 10CFR71 Subpart H; 10CFR50 Appendix B; and 10CFR Part 21. The Program applies to all levels of fabrication and services performed by CFI, but is primarily designed to provide control over all aspects of the manufacture of radioactive waste containers, transport casks, transport cask shields, lifting devices, filter assemblies, and process piping as well as associated services involving testing, repair by welding, and nondestructive testing. The Program has provisions for addressing customer-unique requirements by the establishment of project or customer specific plans and/or procedures.
CFI’s executive management stands behind our products and continuously strive to improve our processes and capabilities by investing in state of the art equipment, enhanced personnel training, and continuous improvement programs. We actively support, promote and maintain an internal culture that respects and rewards the skills, loyalty and dedication of our employees. It is our employees who have assisted in the development of new manufacturing practices that has allowed CFI to be a step ahead of the industry.
Quality Systems and Accreditations
- AISC Certified
- ASME NQA-1, 2008 Edition, Part 1, 2009 addendum
- 10 CFR Part 50 Appendix B
- 10 CFR Part 21
- ASME Section VIII, Div 1, ASME U-Stamp (Pressure Vessel), R-Stamp (Repair)
- B31.1 Power Piping
- B31.3 Process Piping
- ASME NQA-1-2009a Part II, Subpart 2.2 (Quality Assurance Requirements for Packaging, Shipping, Receiving, Storage, and Handling of Items for Nuclear Facilities)
- ASME NQA-1-2008 Part III, Subpart 3.1, (Non mandatory Appendix 2A-1 Guidance on the Qualifications of Inspection and Test Personnel)
- ASME NQA-1-2008 Part III, Subpart 3.1, (Non mandatory Appendix 2A-3 Guidance on the Education and Experience of Lead Auditors)
- ASME NQA-1-2009a Part III, Subpart 3.1, (Non mandatory Appendix 17A-2 Guidance for Electronic Records)
- 10 CFR71 Subpart H
- ASME U STAMP: Shop construction to ASME BOILER AND PRESSURE VESSEL CODE SECTION VIII, DIVISION 1
- ASME R STAMP: Shop and field alterations or repair of pressure retaining items to the NBIC and jurisdiction authority
- Magnetic Particle Testing
- ASNT SNT-TC-1A
- Liquid Penetrant Testing
- ASNT SNT-TC-1A (Type II, Method C) - We can subcontract other methods.
- Mechanical Inspection (Dimensional Verifications, Load Testing, Pneumatic Testing, Hydrostatic Testing, Proof Tes
- ASME NQA-1 Part III, Subpart 3.1, Nonmandatory Appendix 2A-1
- Visual Testing
- ASNT SNT-TC-1A
- AWS CWI
- ASNT ACCP Visual and Optical Testing
- Lead Auditors
- ASME NQA-1 Part III, Subpart 3.1, Nonmandatory Appendix 2A-4